Title: House Manager: Team Leader
Responsible to: CEO/Executive Director
Supervises: House-based volunteers, professional cleaning and grounds- keeping personnel, resident families and house guests.
Responsibilities: Management of House operation, facility and property; provide family service needs.
The Team Lead House Manager is a full time position. The shift starts at 6:00 pm on Sunday evening until Wednesday at 10:00 am. The primary location is the Sleepy Hollow Ronald McDonald House – 520 N Emporia, Wichita KS 67218.
You stay at the Ronald McDonald House the whole shift. You are paid 7:00 am to 11:00 pm. (11:00 pm to 7:00 am – sleep time not paid) Private quarters are available while on duty.Accountabilities:
Facility and Property Management: Provide family support by providing a clean and maintained facility. Provide orientation and supervision of families. Provide and supervise the communications of the House. Provide reports, data input, create and maintain records and files. Update and maintain House notebooks. Oversee the daily operations of the House. Participate in providing an inventory. Comprehensive House Manager Task List.Team Leader responsibilities:
- Coordinate House Manager shift coverage. Facilitate new staff and volunteer training. Oversee House donation processing to make sure it is correct (i.e. paperwork, thank-you’s, usage/distribution, ordering, communication).
- Responsible for repair and maintenance completion (monthly list, walk-thru list, includes those items needing the Handyman, etc.)
- Responsible for family processes (i.e registration sheets, KanCare info, payment follow up, all information Finance Manager would need to process the family, rectify family complaints).
- Responsible for facility processes (keys, recycling, supplies, manuals, notebooks, petty cash, cleaning, landscaping, copies of forms, cleanliness and maintenance guidelines are met, etc.). Keep shared calendar up to date and be prepared for calendared items (mgr schedules, meals, volunteers, volunteer groups, repairs, etc.).
- Work with Operations Manager to complete House inventory once a year . Suggest staff meeting agenda items.
Provide orientation, training, scheduling supervision, to House-based volunteers, (assisted by volunteer manager), professional cleaning staff, grounds-keeping personnel and all maintenance personnel. Provide orientation and supervision of families.Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability and knowledge regarding the maintenance and operation of a residential facility.
- A familiarity with and passion for RMHC Wichita.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage and work with other staff and volunteers.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Good organizational skills.
- Dependable computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft products.
- Compassionate and a good listener.
Must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Carry supplies up and down stairs
- Climb stairs
- Bend and reach as part of daily routine duties
- Climb a step ladder
- Hear within normal hearing range
- Must be non-sensitive to cleaning products
The House Manager shall carry out such other duties and responsibilities as the CEO/Executive Director may designate.Limits of authority:
- Personnel: Maintenance, professional house cleaning, Grounds-keeping personnel and House volunteers.
- Policies/Procedures: Recommends changes to CEO/Executive Director.
- Expenditures: Authority to purchase day-to-day needs up to pre-approved budget limits.
Must provide own transportation. Please submit resume to CEO/Executive Director, Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita, 1110 N Emporia, Wichita, KS 67214, fax 269-0665 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls. EOE
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. A task list is attached.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying please review the Job Description and send your resume to: