Ronald McDonald House Charities® Wichita
Position: Ronald McDonald House – Weekend House Manager
Job Purpose: To create an atmosphere at the Ronald McDonald House that is conducive to the prompt and efficient handling of all guest needs. To oversee the operations of the Ronald McDonald House, helping to ensure and facilitate the smooth and caring service delivery for guest families.Essential Functions:
- Meet, greet and bid farewell to guest families and visitors.
- Escort guest families to their assigned rooms and inform them of services and facilities.
- Courteously and efficiently handles guest/visitor requests, services, and complaints.
- Facilitate the referral, check-in/check-out process and ensure consistency between House according to approved policies and guidelines.
- Monitor and ensure proper enforcement of House rules, rectifying situations when appropriate.
- Accurately and completely maintain guest records thorough utilization of the Easy InnKeeping database and hard copy files.
- Monitor physical structure of the House; work with Operations Manager to coordinate guestroom closures in relation to maintenance repairs and tasks, and arrange for repair services as needed in coordination with the Operations Manager.
- Monitor and ensure House cleanliness and orderliness of all areas. This includes performing light house cleaning and organizing duties on a daily basis, as needed.
- Monitor House exterior grounds so they are well maintained. This includes work groups, gardening volunteers, garbage/recycling services to ensure orderliness and curb appeal of all areas. This includes minor daily maintenance duties as needed.
- Provide general oversight of the House, including awareness of individuals and groups accessing the House.
- Enter work instructions into the maintenance book and/or notify House Team Leader and/or Operations Manager of maintenance related issues.
- Assist with managing maintenance projects as needed.
- Be familiar with operations, and educate others assisting with House operations, concerning House fire safety, security, heating and cooling systems.
- Ensure that linen supplies are managed appropriately.
- Monitor and manage House supply inventory needs within approved budget.
- Assist the Volunteer Manager in training and supervising House Volunteers.
- Work with House Volunteers to ensure expectations in their position description are met. Work closely with the Volunteer Manager to assess and monitor individual volunteer performance.
- Routinely assess, alongside the Volunteer Manager, the volunteer needs and opportunities for the House.
- Report volunteer issues/or and concerns to the Volunteer Manager in a timely fashion, working with him/her to rectify issues.
- Conduct House tours for families and outside groups as needed.
- Effectively communicate needs and mission to the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School and some college.
- 3-4 years experience managing operations and volunteers with 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrate good judgment, good decision-making ability, creativity and dependability.
- Proven leadership, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to calmly manage crisis situations.
- Excellent community relations skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal commmunication skills and a strong desire to work with people.
- Average competency in a variety of computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as an ability to quickly learn and operate agency databases.
- Experience working closely with families or children in times of stress is preferred.
- Passion for the mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita.
Must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Carry supplies up and down stairs
- Climb stairs
- Bend and reach as part of daily routine duties
- Climb a step ladder
- Hear within normal hearing range
- Must be non-sensitive to cleaning products
This is a part time, weekend position – 2 weekends a month. The shift starts at 6:00 pm on Friday evening until Sunday at 6:00 pm. The primary location is the Sleepy Hollow Ronald McDonald House – 520 N Rutan, Wichita KS 67214.
You stay at the Ronald McDonald House the whole shift. You are paid 7:00 am to 11:00 pm. (11:00 pm to 7:00 am – sleep time not paid). Private quarters are available while on duty.
Must provide own transportation.
Please submit resume to CEO, email at email@example.com
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying please send your resume to: