Position: Ronald McDonald House® - Saturday and Substitute House Manager
Job Purpose: To create an atmosphere at the Ronald McDonald House that is conducive to the prompt and efficient handling of all guest needs. To oversee the operations of the Ronald McDonald House, helping to ensure and facilitate the smooth and caring service delivery for guest families.
- Meet, greet and bid farewell to guest families and visitors.
- Escort guest families to their assigned rooms and inform them of services and facilities.
- Courteously and efficiently handles guest/visitor requests, services, and complaints.
- Facilitate the referral, check-in/check-out process and ensure consistency between House according to approved policies and guidelines.
- Monitor and ensure proper enforcement of House rules, rectifying situations when appropriate.
- Accurately and completely maintain guest records thorough utilization of the Easy InnKeeping database and hard copy files.
- Monitor physical structure of the House; coordinate guestroom closures in relation to maintenance repairs and tasks, and arrange for repair services as needed.
- Monitor and ensure House cleanliness and orderliness of all areas. This includes performing light house cleaning and organizing duties on a daily basis, as needed.
- Monitor House backyard so it is orderly and well maintained. This includes directing any gardening volunteers.
- Provide general oversight of the House, including awareness of individuals and groups accessing the House.
- Enter work instructions into the maintenance log and/or notify weekday House Managers of maintenance related issues.
- Assist with managing maintenance projects as needed.
- Be familiar with operations, and educate others assisting with House operations, concerning House fire safety, security, heating and cooling systems.
- Ensure that linen supplies are managed appropriately.
- Monitor and manage House supply inventory needs within approved budget.
- Assist the Volunteer Manager in training and supervising House Volunteers.
- Work with House Volunteers to ensure expectations in their position description are met. Work closely with the Volunteer Manager to assess and monitor individual volunteer performance.
- Routinely assess, alongside the Volunteer Manager, the volunteer needs and opportunities for the House.
- Report volunteer issues/or and concerns to the Volunteer Manager in a timely fashion, working with him/her to rectify issues.
- Conduct House tours for families and outside groups as needed.
- Effectively communicate needs and mission to the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in Public Health Sciences, Health Management and Community Development, or related field
3-4 years experience managing operations and volunteers with 1-2 years supervisory experience.
Demonstrate good judgment, good decision-making ability, creativity and dependability.
Proven leadership, time management and organizational skills.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Ability to calmly manage crisis situations.
Excellent community relations skills required.
Excellent written and verbal commmunication skills and a strong desire to work with people.
Average competency in a variety of computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as an ability to quickly learn and operate agency databases.
Experience working closely with families or children in times of stress is preferred.
Passion for the mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita.
This is a part time, every Saturday and Substitute House Manager position. The Saturday shift is either 7:00am – 7:00pm or 11:00am – 11:00pm. The Substitute position will consist of filling other shifts any day of the week that may become available due to staff unavailability. The location is the Ronald McDonald House at 551 N. Hillside, Suite 100, Wichita, KS 67214.
Must provide own transportation.
Please submit resume to CEO, Susan Smythe, email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in RMHC Wichita. Find out some other great ways to get involved with RMHC Wichita.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying please send your resume to:Susan Smythe