Adopt a Room
Stability for families, so they can focus their energy and attention on their child.
What is Adopt A Room?
Adopt A Room is a project for Wichita’s two Ronald McDonald Houses in which the guest rooms of the Houses are “adopted” for a specific period of time to help provide:
- All the comforts of home, a short distance from the hospital. In addition to guest rooms with private baths, the families also have access to a kitchen stocked with donated food items, comfortable sitting areas with televisions, play areas and laundry facilities.
- Ongoing support from caring volunteers, staff and other families with sick children facing the same fears and hopes.
- Stability for families, so they can focus their energy and attention on their child.
Without our Houses, these families might be sleeping in hospital waiting rooms or their cars, as most families can’t afford a hotel for days, weeks or months, especially under the financial stress of mounting medical bills.
Any individual, family, organization, business, corporation or foundation can participate in the Adopt a Room program for the two Ronald McDonald Houses in Wichita.Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita is proud to recognize Adopt A Room sponsors in the following ways:
- Recognition on our website that highlights the McIlwaine Foundation and their challenge for sponsors for Adopt A Room.
- An invitation to tour our Houses to see first-hand the impact they are making on the lives of these families and their children.
- Adopt A Room sponsorships will help to improve the health and well being of children.
The Charles and JoAnne McIlwaine Foundation
Charles and JoAnne McIlwaine avidly supported Wichita's Ronald McDonald Houses for many years both as volunteers and donors. As a result of the McIlwaine's estate planning, the Charles and JoAnne McIlwaine Foundation was established. Their Foundation has issued a challenge grant to encourage others to lend their support to RMHC Wichita and its Adopt A Room project.
Thank You to our 2016 Supporters
- Baughman Foundation
- The Charles and Joanne McIlwaine Foundation
- Dane Hansen Foundation
- Good Neighbor Fund
- Grainger Foundation
- Golden State Food Foundation