Adopt a Room
Stability for families, so they can focus their energy and attention on their child.
What is Adopt A Room?
Adopt A Room is a project for Wichita’s two Ronald McDonald Houses in which the guest rooms of the Houses are “adopted” for a specific period of time to help provide:
- All the comforts of home, a short distance from the hospital. In addition to guest rooms with private baths, the families also have access to a kitchen stocked with donated food items, comfortable sitting areas with televisions, play areas and laundry facilities.
- Ongoing support from caring volunteers, staff and other families with sick children facing the same fears and hopes.
- Stability for families, so they can focus their energy and attention on their child.
Without our Houses, these families might be sleeping in hospital waiting rooms or their cars, as most families can’t afford a hotel for days, weeks or months, especially under the financial stress of mounting medical bills.
Any individual, family, organization, business, corporation or foundation can participate in the Adopt a Room program for the two Ronald McDonald Houses in Wichita.Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita is proud to recognize Adopt A Room sponsors in the following ways:
- Recognition on our website that highlights the McIlwaine Foundation and their challenge for sponsors for Adopt A Room.
- An invitation to tour our Houses to see first-hand the impact they are making on the lives of these families and their children.
- Adopt A Room sponsorships will help to improve the health and well being of children.
The Dane G. Hansen Foundation
The Dane G. Hansen Foundation has supported our Adopt A Room initiative to serve families of northwest Kansas for several years. No family is ever turned away from staying at our Ronald McDonald House due to inability to contribute financially. Their grants have allowed families who are financially burdened the peace of mind and strength to stay focused on what is most important: their sick or injured child.
Thank You to our 2018 Supporters
- The Baughman Foundation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas
- Spirit Good Neighbor Fund
- Dane G. Hansen Foundation
- Lewis H. Humphrey's Foundation
- Dodge City Area Women's Chamber of Commerce
- The Wichita Wagonmasters.