Make a difference today and save on taxes. It’s possible when you support Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita through your IRA.
A Special Opportunity for Those 70½ Years Old and Older
You can give any amount (up to a maximum of $100,000) per year from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita without having to pay income taxes on the money. Gifts of any value $100,000 or less are eligible for this benefit and you can feel good knowing that you are making a difference at RMHC Wichita. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
Why Consider This Gift?
* Your gift will be put to work today, allowing you to see the difference your gift is making.
* You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
* Since the gift doesn’t count as income, it can reduce your annual income level. This may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security that is subject to tax.
* If you are 72 or older, you can use your gift to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD).
At Any Age
No matter your age, you can designate Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita as the beneficiary of all or a percentage of your IRA and it will pass to us tax-free after your lifetime.
1. Contact Susan Smythe at (316) 269-4182 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on giving an IRA gift.
2. Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
3. Ask your IRA administrator about making a direct transfer to Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita or have the administrator send a check from your account to us. (To be tax free, the donation must go directly from your account to RMHC Wichita without passing through your hands.)