Thank you for your submission to cook a meal at Ronald McDonald House Charities Wichita. Our Volunteer Manager is reviewing your submission and will contact you with a confirmation email.
Thank you for your interest in preparing a meal for the families staying at the Ronald McDonald Houses in Wichita. Our families truly appreciate your kindness and generosity. In order to maintain the high standards of our Meal Program, we offer a few preparation guidelines. Please contact me if you need additional information.
- All meals need to be scheduled in advance with Hayley Gribble – 269-4182. We are located at 551 N Hillside Suite 100, Wichita KS 67205
- All meals/baked goods must be prepared in our kitchen or a commercial kitchen such as a restaurant or grocery store. The kitchens will accommodate 1-12 cooks.
- While preparing the meal you must be free of contagious illnesses (e.g. chicken pox, flu, colds, strep throat, etc.) Everyone preparing food should use good hygiene practices (i.e washing hands thoroughly and often, hair pulled back etc.)
- Please bring your own ingredients that you will be using. You may check with Hayley to see if we have ingredients for your meal.
- Plan to prepare enough food to feed 20 people. It would be a good idea to check with Hayley 2-3 days in advance for a more accurate count of families staying with us the day you will be preparing the meal.
- The families welcome any meal…breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- There is no set time for dinner; however, the ideal time to have it prepared by is between 6pm and 6:30pm. Since our families have different schedules at the hospital, they don’t always sit down at the same time to enjoy their meal. The House Manager will have the meal available throughout the evening for the families to warm up when they return from the hospital.
- Ronald McDonald House will supply:
- Serving Utensils
- We ask that you fill out a Donor Form when you have prepared a meal. The House Manager will have a form for you.
Here is a list of meal ideas to get you started with our program. Please feel free to prepare any of
your favorites that are not listed.
- Ham and Scalloped Potatoes Sloppy Joes
- Chili Casseroles
- Beef Stew Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Egg Breakfast Casserole Chicken and Dumplings
- Cheeseburger Macaroni Soup
- Beans and Rice Chicken and Rice
- Shepherds Pie Lasagna
- Spaghetti Pizza
- Chili with Cornbread Turkey or Ham Dinner
- Stir Fry Hot Dogs & Hamburgers (grill available)
- BBQ Ribs Enchiladas
- Breakfast for Dinner (pancakes, eggs, sausage, etc.)
- Baked Potatoes
- Potato toppings (cheese sauce, chili, steamed broccoli or cauliflower, bacon, sour cream,
butter, salsa, shredded cheese, etc.)
- Tortilla Chips
- Cheese sauce, refried beans, taco meat, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, lettuce, onions, peppers, tomatoes, etc.
- Serve one or many different types of soups (crockpots provided)
- Breadsticks, tossed salad, and cookies complete the meal
Make Your Own Pizza Bar
- Bread or rolls
- Deli meats, condiments, and cheese
- Add chips, fresh fruit or veggies with dip, and cookies for a complete meal
- Toppings (pepperoni, sausage, Canadian bacon, green peppers, onions, cheese, etc.)
For questions, please contact: