Volunteer Recipes – Perfect Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 to 1/4 cups plain rice milk or soy milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat for at least 2 minutes (and up to 5 minutes).
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center and add the oil, water, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix just until ingredients are combined. A few lumps in the batter are just fine.
- Spray the pan with a light coat of cooking spray (or a very light coat of oil).
- Pour pancakes one at a time and cook until bubbles form and the tip looks somewhat dry (about 3 minutes).
- Flip over and cook for another minute then serve.
Special thanks to Protection 1 for this recipe and for making a meal for our families.