Stability for families, so they can focus their energy and attention on their child.
What is Adopt-A-Room?
Adopt-A-Room is an ongoing initiative that provides the community with an opportunity to support Wichita's Ronald McDonald House by "adopting" a guest room for a specific period. Through their generosity, our Adopt-A-Room partners provide families with:
* All the comforts of home, a short distance from their hospitalized child. In addition to spacious guest rooms with private baths, families can access a kitchen stocked with delicious (and nutritious) food, cozy sitting areas, laundry facilities, family gathering spaces, play areas, and a beautifully landscaped backyard.
* Ongoing support. Families find strength and encouragement from caring volunteers, helpful staff, and other families facing similar circumstances.
* Stability during uncertain times. Because the Ronald McDonald House meets all of their essential needs, families can focus their energy and attention where it matters most - their child.
The Adopt-A-Room initiative was established as a matching grant by the Charles and JoAnne McIlwaine Foundation to challenge other businesses and foundations to support Wichita's Ronald McDonald House. Actively involved with RMHC Wichita, the McIlwaines saw the difference the Ronald McDonald House had on the lives of the families staying there. Over the years, the McIlwaine's commitment to our mission has inspired dozens of companies and foundations to accept their challenge and contribute nearly $1 million to support our Ronald McDonald House program.
Who can support the Adopt-A-Room initiative?
Anyone! We are proud to have individuals, businesses, and private foundations partner with us to adopt rooms at Wichita's Ronald McDonald House.
How does RMHC Wichita recognize Adopt-A-Room partners?
Our community partners are the life-blood of our organization. Their support makes our mission possible. To show our thanks, RMHC Wichita proudly recognizes our Adopt-A-Room partners in the following ways:
* Recognition on our website
* An invitation to tour our House to see first-hand the impact of their support
* Quarterly updates on families we serve
For more information about the Adopt-A-Room initiative, contact Susan Smythe at firstname.lastname@example.org